Linear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers Book
Birk-user | 2006 | ISBN: 0817643931 | 778 pages | PDF | 5 MB
One of the most fundamental and active areas in mathematics, the theory of partial differential equations (PDEs) is essential in the modeling of natural phenomena. PDEs have a wide range of interesting and important applications in every branch of applied mathematics, physics, and engineering, including fluid dynamics, elasticity, and optics.
This significantly expanded fourth edition is designed as an introduction to the theory and applications of linear PDEs. The authors provide fundamental concepts, underlying principles, a wide range of applications, and various methods of solutions to PDEs. In addition to essential standard material on the subject, the book contains new material that is not usually covered in similar texts and reference books, including conservation laws, the spherical wave equation, the cylindrical wave equation, higher-dimensional boundary-value problems, the finite element method, fractional partial differential equations, and nonlinear partial differential equations with applications.
Key features include:
* Applications to a wide variety of physical problems in numerous interdisciplinary areas
* Over 900 worked examples and exercises dealing with problems in fluid mechanics, gas dynamics, optics, plasma physics, elasticity, biology, and chemistry
* Historical comments on partial differential equations
* Solutions and hints to selected exercises
* A comprehensive bibliography—comprised of many standard texts and reference books, as well as a set of selected classic and recent papers—for readers interested in learning more about the modern treatment of the subject
Linear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers, Fourth Edition will primarily serve as a textbook for the first two courses in PDEs, or in a course on advanced engineering mathematics. The book may also be used as a reference for graduate students, researchers, and professionals in modern applied mathematics, mathematical physics, and engineering. Readers will gain a solid mathematical background in PDEs, sufficient to start interdisciplinary collaborative research in a variety of fields.
keep visiting our site to download Science Technology free pdf books by rapidshare mediafire and to get Linear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers fro megaupload or torrent.